Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mole Doña Maria..glass cups...now what

I  can count the times that we had special occasions that always included one of Mexico's traditional foods  'MOLE'.  No its not a mole...furry and cute....It's a delicate sauce that is mouth watering.

when we think of Mole we think of those special occasions... My sister Maria's Quince(catilian), My mom made a huge pot of this sauce and it was poored over chicken.  You must experience it to know the delicacy it brings to your mouth.  My son's 1st birthday.  My parent's 25th anniversary. the occasions are countless.

I personally make it a few times a month in a small batch but I cheat I use the best mole secert ever:

I pesonally add a few extra ingridients to thier directions... which included a few teaspons of brown Sugar and about 4 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups .

The result is my kids devouring this dish and they always refer to it as the chocolate sauce. 
" You made the choclate sauce, my favorite! mom"

Traditionally in mexico there is along process to make this sauce and most likely thier is usually some sort of celebration to follow, a wedding, a family get together, a birthday. 

 For me making this it brings back the memories of childhood, and my kids they know I make it with love.  My own twist to a tradition. Cause everyday with them is a special one.  We count our blessings at the end of the day a good or bad one we are one big family.

But the biggest question of all is what to do with the glass cups when you use all the paste.  I have been searching for ideas other then using for drinking glasses...as I do. But what else could you do with these glass cups any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. I have used the glasses for making candles! Last year, I bought soy wax and after prepping everything, poured the wax into the glasses. (I put the wicks in first and tied them to sticks so they wouldn't fall back inside.) They were very pretty, and once burned up, the recipients had a pretty glass!
    I had never heard of putting Reece's peanut butter cups, but that sounds cool! Personally, I love the Mole' verde sauce!

    ReplyDelete